Sunday July 21st, 2013, 2-5pm
Golden Gate Club (135 Fisher Loop San Francisco, CA 94129)
VIP PRE-PARTY1-2pm- Specialty Cocktails w/ a variety of American Lamb charcuterie & sheep’s milk cheeses. Beat the lines too!
GA 2-5pm- Includes great food from 20 Chefs, beer & wine & hands-on butchery demo.
TICKETS ON SALE SOON!
- 16-20 SF restaurants/chefs offering samples of dishes featuring American Lamb
- Friendly chef/dish competition to garner awards and prizes in categories including
- Best in Show,” “People’s Choice” and “Best Leg, Breast, Shank and Shoulder” categories with voting by a panel of key media representatives and event attendees. The winner goes to the Lamb Jam Finale in New York City this Fall 2013.
- Hands-on American lamb butcher demos
- Lamb swag, cake pops, caricature artist & more
- Local wine, beer and spirits sponsors
2012 Lamb Jam Winners
Best in Show: Vernon Morales, Town Hall Salt House
The Lamb & The Fig- Fig leaf wrapped grilled lamb loin, tomato fig marmalade, sheeps milk yogurt, & chickpea polenta
People’s Choice: Jeff Mall, Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Best Shank Dish: Dino Vazquez, Eastside West Restaurant & Bar
Best Leg Dish: Antelmo Faria, Tacolicious
Best Loin Dish: Vernon Morales, Town Hall-Salt House
Best Shoulder Dish: Mark Dommen, One Market
2012 Lamb Jam Photos:
2011 Lamb Jam Winners
People’s Choice: ThirstyBear Brewing Company, Chef Jessica Gorin
Grilled Lamb Loin with Polenta, Mission Figs and Marcona Almond
Best in Show/Best Shank: Nick’s Cove, Chef Adam Mali
Braised Lamb Shank, Lemon-stewed Cannelini Beans, Lavender-Mint Gremolata. Click here for view recipe.
Best Leg: Eastside West Restaurant & Bar, Chef Dino Vazquez
Spicy Lamb and Lemongrass Soup “Hue” Style
Best Loin: FIVE Restaurant & Bar, Chef Banks White
Roasted Lamb Loin, Piquillo Pepper Jam, House Yogurt, Cumin Chimichurri
Best Shoulder: Wood Tavern Restaurant, Chef Yang Peng
Braised Lamb Shoulder, Chickpea Puree, Fava Beans, Chimichurri, Herb Salad